Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Soma Triathlon.

Soma Triathlon in Tempe Arizona was fantastic! The weather was perfect, volunteers were everywhere, and the course was fast and safe. The swim start was highly energized. All of us men under 30 started together. As we swam under bridges the shore seemed to pass by rather quickly. Exiting the water I was happy to have a volunteer lend a hand to help me get up the steps. The wetsuit strippers were some of the best I have ever had. I love enthusiasm with volunteers.

The bike was 3 great loops where we had 2 aid stations on each loop. Some of the volunteers were wearing costumes already. I even passed Wonder Woman who was racing as part of a relay team! As the volunteers were setting up the run course they were already sheering us on even though we were still on the bikes. It was great. There was even a light cloud cover for most of the bike.
The run felt great at the beginning and the temperature got warmer as the day went on. I am sure with a bit more training, the run wouldn't have hurt so much! I can't wait to get my pictures from ASI! I would recommend this race to everyone, but beginners and people not wanting their season to be over will love this race. So next year don't hang up your bike too soon and get out to Tempe!
Make sure to check out RedRockCo.com for more fun races like the Skirt Chaser series and the PBR Urban Dirt Triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment